Tuesday 9 April 2013

Welcome to the Blogger-sphere ..

To blog or not to blog .. that has been the question for some time. I have finally given in and decided to make a compendium of my daily baking obsession. I love writing, I love the internet and I love sharing ideas so it seemed the right thing to do. This is going to be a place where I write down what I usually bore my poor husband about, recipes, ideas and reviews. 

I am not a trained baker in anyway, it's just something I have done for as long as I can remember. My bathroom weighing scales have always been the primary piece of evidence to back this up ... well, my Dad always said, "never trust a thin chef" ... I am also a social historian which means a lot of my recipes are often taken from history and tweeked. I am certainly an advocate of "Granny knew best". There is nothing more lifting than a taste of childhood, of happy times and when the most important thing in my day was being allowed to stay up to watch Keith Floyd! 

A little bit about my baking style. Really it's just want I like. I am a home baker but really try to concentrate on taste. The most delicious looking piece of glossy pastry in a shop window is nothing if it actually doesn't taste good. This has happened to me (unfortunately) too many times than I like to remember. There is nothing worse than sitting there with the most delicious looking tarte citron that actually tastes of watered down lemon juice with a tasteless generic pastry. Don't even start me on my piece of Sachertorte in Budapest ... I still want to cry thinking about it .. which brings me nicely on to my passion, I am passionate about food, it actually affects my emotions, bad food sends me into a rage. Literally. Be warned. 


No comments:

Post a Comment